Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Hey Jude. Crawl Under My Skin.

I watched Superbad recently for the second time and I laughed hard at one of my favorite lines from the movie. It was the scene where Seth is describing all the past guys Jules has dated. He describes one of the guys as the "...sweetest guy ever. Have you ever stared into his eyes? It was the first time I heard the Beatles." Hilarious. Speaking of the Beatles, I recall past memories spent listening to many of their songs. My mother would always put on records of classic music. She'd have the Beegees, the Carpenters, ABBA, and of course the Beatles all playing respectively one after the other. And for some apparent reason, she'd usually play them during Christmas time. It was as if all of my mother's records receded behind a rock, only to come out during winter. Listening to "Yesterday" and "Jingle Bell Rock" was as ordinary as drinking eggnog during Christmas. "Money money, always sunny! In the rich man's world!"

No comments: