Monday, April 14, 2008

You Don't Even Speak Spanish!

My mom tends to be the strangest person in my family. I call her the multiplier. You tell her "Hey we're out of milk" and she'll go out and bring home like 200000 gallons of the white stuff. My dad goes crazy. Haha. I also call her "mannerless" because this one time at this one restaurant, there was a huge waiting line to being seated. It snaked outside, through the double doors, and out around the back. There was a man standing behind a podium writing down and crossing out names of people who were waiting to be seated. What my mom did was amazing, even for her. She walked across the floor, went behind the podium, grabbed the pen from the poor man's hand, and began to write down her name and the amount of people in her party. The man's face was of pure shock. My sister and I made faces. We couldn't believe our eyes.
"What the hell are you doing mom?"
"I'm signing us in."
"Yeah I can SEE that..but you can't just take the guy's pen out of his hand and start writing."
It was pretty embarrassing.
Anyways, that was nothing compared to what a saw a few weeks ago. This one was really strange. I walked into the kitchen and I saw my mom sitting down at the kitchen table cutting carrots or whatever moms usually do at the kitchen table I don't quite remember. Anyways, what was very strange was that she was watching the Spanish channel. I had to take a double take.
"What in the world? Mom?"
No answer..
"Mom? Why are you watching the Spanish channel? You don't even speak Spanish!"
She was off in her own little Spanish world. It was REALLY weird. You had to be there. I was like "wtf" the entire day. Even through all of the weirdness, I do love my mom. I really do. With all my heart. I think that's kinda where I got my weirdness from, my mom. Anyways, I just kinda wish she came with an instruction booklet though. =P

No comments: