Tuesday, September 16, 2008

So today I was trying to start Ms. Hermatz's essay

and I've been prolonging it longer then any other procrastinator should prolong an English essay. Especially if Ms. Hermatz is your teacher.. Anyways, I'm sitting down in my foldaway chair and I'm getting ready to type, my fingers hovering above the keyboard, when I suddenly begin typing. This is what I wrote:


Duy Tu
Period 2
Ms. Hermatz

Hills Like White Elephants


Life is full of surprises.














































Yeah. No. Yeah. That's all. Just. WOW. Life is full of surprises? I mean what. the. fuck???? It was so random. So, uncalled for. So stupid. I didn't even know where else to go with that. So cliche as well. So I stopped because I didn't know what else to type. I mean what else could you type. What more elaborations could I come up with after "Life is full of surprises,"?
I mean seriously. You can't. I can't. And that's where I stayed...

until 6:42 in the morning the next day when I woke up on top of my keyboard, dog between my crotch, head aching. I shooed Parmesan from in between my legs and rubbed my eyes. I glanced lazily, with one eye, at the glowing screen and came face to face with the teasing "Life is full of surprises" sentence. Jesus. How ironic that I would type that right before I "surprised" myself into a slumber. Irony. My literary device.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great work.